Networked Embedded Systems
The objective of this course is to gain insights into the operation and programming of embedded systems. A strong focus is on wireless sensor networks. We study the fundamentals of such sensor networks. In the scope of the exercises, we discuss selected topics in more detail.
- Design and architecture of embedded systems: Architecture of embedded systems, programming paradigms
- Sensor networks: Principles and applications
- Wireless communications: Concepts of modulation and encoding on the physical layer
- Wireless access: Typical medium access protocols for low-power sensor nodes
- Routing: Ad hoc routing and data centric communication
- Clustering: Clustering algorithms, guaranteed connectivity
- Localization: Ranging techniques, localization algorithms
Learning Outcome: The learning objective is to understand the fundamental concepts of networked embedded systems. Students understand these concepts and are able to apply this knowledge.
Teaching language is English.
Dr. Florian Klingler