Networked Embedded Systems
The objective of this course is to gain insights into the operation and programming of embedded systems. A strong focus is on wireless sensor networks. We study the fundamentals of such sensor networks. In the scope of the exercises, we discuss selected topics in more detail.
- Design and architecture of embedded systems: Architecture of embedded systems, programming paradigms
- Sensor networks: Principles and applications
- Wireless communications: Concepts of modulation and encoding on the physical layer
- Wireless access: Typical medium access protocols for low-power sensor nodes
- Routing: Ad hoc routing and data centric communication
- Clustering: Clustering algorithms, guaranteed connectivity
- Localization: Ranging techniques, localization algorithms
Learning Outcome: The learning objective is to understand the fundamental concepts of networked embedded systems. Students understand these concepts and are able to apply this knowledge.
Teaching language is English.