The core of the Summer School is a set of comprehensive presentations, covering theoretical and practical background material. Material will be presented by recognized experts, with immediate discussion and feedback.
The current list of speakers is as follows:
- José Bonnet, Portugal Telecom: DevOps for NFV
- Artur Hecker, Huawei: Mobile core networks evolution in 5G, using ideas from SDN and NFV
- Lorenz Claas, Genua: Security for SDN
- Andreas Mäder, NOKIA: A paradigm shift in radio access? Impact of NFV and SDN on 5G radio architecture
- Josep Martrat, ATOS (ARI): Current developments of SDN and NFV in the 5G context
- Johannes Riedl, Siemens: SDN/NFV for WindParks
- Jürgen Quittek, NEC Eurolabs: Developments in hardware for programmable switches
- Hagen Woesner, BISDN: OF-DPA
plus presentations by the organizers (Karl, Kellerer, Zitterbart).
Every participant will have the opportunity to present her or his incipient or on-going research project in a focused presentation. The goal is to provide early feedback to PhD projects that are still in an early phase.
Since this is a voluntary part of the program, we ask you to inform us during registration whether you are interested to give such a presentation.
(The originally intended hackathon had to be cancelled due to lack of interest.)
|9:15 - 10:45||SDN Intro (organizers)||Claas||Team||Quittek|
|11:00 - 12:30||Hecker||Martrat||building||Woesner|
|12:30 - 13:30||Lunch||Lunch||event||Lunch|
|13:30 - 15:00||NFV Intro (organizers)||Riedl||Team|
|15:15 - 16:45||Mäder||Bonnet||building|
|17:00 - 18:00||Participants' research||Participants' research||event|
We shall leverage the unique opportunity offered by running the summer school in a sailing school for a one-day team building event. No specific equipment is required.