Practical Usable Security and Privacy
Course, Bachelor, Winter 2021/22, L.079.05545
Students taking this lecture will gain practical knowledge about usable security and privacy:
- from the technical side, by programming an application for usable security, or
- from the human behavior research side, through the design and pretest of a user study.
Students will work alone or in small teams to develop an usable security concept with dedicated mentorship along the way. At the end, they will submit a technical report or paper and present their application or study design and preliminary results in a conference-style format.
Programming Track Topics
- Visualization app to explore Facebook behavioural data collection
User Study Track Topics
- Neurotechnologies, Neuroprivacy, and User Acceptance
- Exploring users ability to opt-out from FB data collection practices