The goal of this project group is to build a develop a trusted database of performance data for common operations in HPC applications (e.g., numerical operations, communication, I/O). The performance characterization data for each of these operations will be determined with empirical measurement in a continuous integration pipeline. To make the data easily accessible for researchers and practitioners, all data will be made available through a web application that supports:
- visualization of data with plots
- selection and configuration of data
- download/embedding of visualizations, structured data, and raw data
- download of benchmarking code
All code and data will be released under an open source/data license.
For realizing this project, we are looking for students with a broad selection of skills and interests, in particular:
- webapp frontend and backend development
- data visualization and analysis
- continuous integration toolchain for performance measurements
- parallel computing and code optimization
- scientific writing
You find more details in the slides that have been presented at the project group presentation event.